Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm Bringin' Twinkies Back

How?  HOW has it been an entire year since I brought this kid home from the hospital???  My mom always tells me that the older you get the faster time goes.  I'm starting to believe her.  I think I spent the first six months of Tessa's life in complete and utter disbelief that we somehow made it out of the whole birth ordeal unscathed.  After that, I felt like I just couldn't catch my breath.  Time was going by so fast.  She was sitting up and then she was crawling and then she was chewing up and swallowing little bits of garbage  waving bye-bye (which is also hi, I hate you, and come hither).  Now she's ONE, and has the the most serious case of snaggle-tooth I've ever seen.  But ohmigosh, she's my favorite. 
Oh, hai.  I needz braces.

This baby changed my life.  I think they all do to a certain degree but this one managed to punch me in the gut and remind me not to take life for granted.  Not to take motherhood for granted.  She has brought our family closer together.  And somehow, some way she has put the idea of possibly having one more in my head.  Damn her!  With any luck she'll turn in to a rotten fit-throwing toddler and knock some sense back into me.

Or I can just pull up this post-delivery picture of my feet that managed to gain 25 lbs. of water weight EACH in less than a week.  That should work too.  

Peanut Baby has been infatuated with the movie Despicable Me since last summer.  Infatuated to the point that a few months ago, we got in the habit of sitting her in front of it in the middle of the night so that we could sleep (ahhh, the beauty of being the 4th child).  So we thought it only appropriate to stick with that theme for her birthday.  


Who doesn't love a minion made out of a Twinkie?  A TWINKIE!!!  Who still eats twinkies?!?  Probably nobody considering I got a box of 50 for like $1.00.  You know what they say though, you only turn 1 once.

Happy Birthday Peanut Baby!  
  


4 comments:

  1. Seriously, how has a year already gone by? And I haven't seen little Tess for so long! She is so cute! And those little twinkie minions? Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way that those are your feet. I don't believe it.

    And you SHOULD have another because this world needs more cute snaggle-toothed smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kell - thanks m'love.

    Anna - let me assure you, those ARE my feet indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful, Annie! Not that we'd expect anything less...and cutest twinkie cupcakes ever :)

    ReplyDelete