Saturday, March 12, 2011

Babies Rock but 2nd Graders...Not So Much

Wow.  Thanks so much for all your positive uplifting comments.  Honestly I didn't think anyone even looked at my blog anymore (thank you godaddy.com - you suck).  I didn't mean to sound like such a Debbie downer in my last post.  I'm not like, hovering over a high ledge or anything.  I promise.  I just needed a place to tell my sad story that had a ridiculously happy ending.  And in case you want an update, Tess is all kinds of awesome!  She is eating and sleeping and pretty much just kicking butt at being a tiny human.  And, AND!  She has dimples!

I managed to break away this week to attend parent/teacher conferences for my boys.  I came home wishing I hadn't made the effort to go.  Well, sort of.  One is like super-stellar teacher's pet student, and the other one is the complete polar opposite.  Not in a menacing disruptive way mind you.  More like in an "I don't care about anything except who's versing who in basketball at recess" way.  But you wanna know something weird?  He reminds me of someone.  Me.  I was EXACTLY the same way.  I'm just now beginning to understand the enormity of my parent's patience because holy HELL I'm at my wits end with this kid.

But this kid?
She makes my heart skip a beat when she gives me that deer in the headlights look.   The drunk version of deer in the headlights though... GAH!  That has to be my fave.
   
Okay.  I'm done showing off now.  I'm off to strangle my 2nd grader.




3 comments:

  1. We were too busy worrying about who was "fighting" who out in the trees behind the playground. Super cute baby by the way, that binkie looks gigantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful! Love those dimples!!! I still can't believe what you two went through. You are amazing. I SO understand being at your wits' end with the kiddos...let's just say I received a call from the principal's office about my kindergartener. Really?!? Can't we even wait 'til 1st grade to start putting black marks on your student records???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, she is gorgeous. Holy smokes. Hope you are recovering okay. Holy cow. What a crazy story!!! Poor thing. Love your guts

    ReplyDelete